Montage Bible Church
Montage Bible Church is seeking a senior pastor who will preach and teach the Word of God, care for and shepherd the flock, and oversee the ministries of the church, in conjunction with our elder board. The candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of the scriptures, a firm belief in its inerrancy and sufficiency, and will demonstrate adherence to its principles in daily life. Further, we are looking for someone who can (1) launch us into the next phase of growth, (2) oversee the launch of youth ministries, and (3) drive a vision for local outreach and missions. This is intended as a full-time position; however, we are open to a part-time arrangement for a limited duration, for those presently working on a graduate level degree in ministry or theology.
About Montage Bible Church
Montage Bible Church exists to lead people to a personal relationship with Jesus and to help them grow to spiritual maturity, so they are equipped for effective ministry in God’s kingdom. We take seriously God’s two greatest commandments: to love God and love people, and our name reflects that we are a multicultural, multi-generational church which aspires to reflect God’s heart for all people. Our mission is to help people from all cultures learn about God, live for God, and love like God.
We began as a church plant in March 2016 and were blessed to secure our present facility, north of Bothell, Washington, in 2019. We are situated in a suburban neighborhood, in a region which has grown substantially over the past decade with the expansion of the local technology industry; this has included a large influx of unreached immigrants, from India, eastern Asia, and elsewhere. It is our aspiration to proclaim Christ to those around us, to integrate new believers into ministry, and to help them grow in their faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ. Since COVID and the more recent departure of our founding pastor, our attendance has stabilized at about 60-80.
By profession, we believe that salvation is a gift of God, received through personal faith in Jesus Christ. We practice believer’s baptism, an open communion, and church discipline. We believe in the pretribulational rapture, the premillennial return of Christ to establish his millennial kingdom, and we affirm the security of the believer. We are non-denominational and are led by a plurality of male elders. In our teaching, we uphold that the world was created in 6-days, we uphold biblical marriage, we are complementarian, and we do not practice the sign gifts. Please consult our statement of faith and position papers for further details on the doctrinal truths which we teach.
The senior pastor is responsible for overseeing, developing, and encouraging the staff and ministries of the church, under the oversight of the Elder Board. The senior pastor also serves as a voting member of the Elder Board. He is responsible for preaching three Sundays a month and for overseeing pulpit supply. He is responsible for ministerial duties such as weddings, funerals, visitations, pre-marriage counseling, etc. or for ensuring that these are covered by other elders or staff. The pastor is expected to model godliness, a love for God, and a mature Christian faith and to foster such in others. This includes biblical and doctrinal teaching consistent with our beliefs, guarding the church against false teachings, and participating in the church disciplinary process, as necessary. And he is expected to lovingly pray for his people. Responsibilities may be modified with the approval of the Elder Board, as the church grows and matures.
Presently, the staff and ministries which the senior pastor will be overseeing include a part-time worship leader who is responsible for overseeing the Sunday morning schedule and media production. There is also a part-time children’s ministry leader and a volunteer men’s ministry director. There are active home groups and men’s and women’s Bible studies. Also, several men at the church possess seminary degrees and are eager to support the pastor by teaching and serving as needed.
- Gifted expository preaching skills
- A heart for youth ministry
- Significant biblical and theological knowledge
- Consistent and disciplined spiritual life with a love for people
- Seminary degree (MDiv or equivalent)
- Married (with a strong mature relationship and a loyal wife)
- Success in discipling and mentoring
- Previous pastoral experience
- A vision for evangelism, missions, spiritual and physical growth of the body
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for compensation details.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com. Or to apply, please submit the following information:
- An overview of qualifications for serving at MBC, including (please, no more than 4 pages):
- Qualifications for meeting the MBC pastoral needs, as described above
- A personal testimony
- A self-assessment against biblical elder requirements (1 Tim. 3:1-7; 2 Tim. 2:24-26; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Pet. 5:1-5)
- A statement of your personal goals and philosophy on pastoring a church
- A resume, including:
- Contact information
- Work and ministry activities, with dates
- Schools attended and degrees attained
- Noteworthy professional and academic achievements
- A personal doctrinal statement (please, no more than 3 pages; submission of your current church’s doctrinal statement is fine, if detailed)
- Links to at least two sermon videos (or arrangements for physical submission). For those not currently in a pastoral role, practice sermons from a preaching class (or equivalent) are acceptable.
- Contact information for three professional references
Note that prior to a final interview, we will require both a credit check and a law enforcement background check.
Revised February 16, 2023